martes, 6 de noviembre de 2012

1 year of Amantes del Inglés

One year ago, I wrote my first post in this blog. It was a post about Halloween traditions and specific vocabulary. This post was written in order to see how this worked but I did not write again until three or four months later. Meanwhile I worked with the layout, the different pages , the content and I started to build an audience. 
I am concious of the things that need to be improved and I also want to introduce new ideas. However, my most  important goal has been accomplished: writing about what I really love and raise the interest of someone. I will be changing the design and the contents little by little until I create what I have in mind. Although I like new technologies and I use them daily, creating a blog was a big challenge for me that seemed very difficult at the beginning. However, with a lot of work and time, I came up with this final product. 

This blog is a bit different from what already exists in the net. I did not want to create a blog with grammar exercises or lists of vocabulary. I wanted to make the readers be in contact with the English language  through the reading and listening of interesting activities, facts, articles, news etc. It is a place for English learners and lovers. Sometimes I write in Spanish because that way, many people who do not feel condident enough with the language can follow me and participate. 

The process of creating a blog and maintaining it has been succesful up to now.  However, I would like to thank all the people who have helped me in this long  and exciting process:  those friends who write and read me from time to time, those friends who became members and helped me promote the blog among their contacts, family members specially Alma and Lochcup, students who read my posts but feel shy to leave a comment, those students who do leave comments, colleagues, facebook and twitter followers and those anonimous people who daily comment and read my posts. Without these people, this project wouldn't have been possible.

Thanks!
                                                          

1 comentario: