viernes, 1 de junio de 2012

DIGITAL STORYTELLING / RELATO DIGITAL


Hi everyone!

Some of you may have heard about digital storytelling. It is a new tool, method or way of teaching which involves video, music and voice. It is very positive for the teaching and learning of foreign languages and I can confirm that. I started to work with this some months ago and I'm really excited with the results. Students create their own videos with music and photographs but the most important part is that they record their voices. Therefore, they speak English and they use the linguistic structures they have learned and acquired in an innovative and funny way. 

I'm going to post some of the videos my studens made. I'll be posting more soon. I also recommend a blog where you can find more examples and instructions for students and teachers. 


I HOPE YOU LIKE THEM! What's your favourite? Leave a comment! 












8 comentarios:

  1. My favourite video is the first It's the best vedeo I have ever watch! XD

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Clearly the best video is from Pavel. Sorry for the others, but Pavel rules.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Verónica6/6/12, 15:25

    Wow, all of them have done a great job! I can't decide which one should be the winner.

    Thanks for sharing this idea. It's definitely a good way of motivating our students, so I think I'll do it next year in my classes.

    Now I regret not attending the course on digital storytelling. If I have any doubts, I'll ask the expert. ;)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes, they did a great job! what I really like is that they enjoy doing the video, so instead of asking them to write a long and sometimes plagiarised composition, they just do a video (which is funnier and it's about themselves)
      I'm not an expert yet but I'll be! hehe

      thank you for your comment!!!

      Eliminar
  4. Excellent job! I'll also try it with my students next year. I think it's a great way to actively involve students in learning a language.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes it is! Let me know when you try it! Thank you for your comment!

      Eliminar
  5. Gran manera de aprender y de practicar con un idioma. Felicidades por tu trabajo!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Una herramienta muy útil, pero ¿como se podría utilizar con gente adulta?
    En ciclos formativos, son pocas horas las que tienen y quizás les guste más otro tipo de actividades, tales como LIVE CHAT or LYRICS TRAINING.Una página muy buena
    lyricstraining.com

    ResponderEliminar