sábado, 19 de mayo de 2012

In the pub

Have you ever been to a British pub? If you have, find the information which is not true about British pubs. Find 8 mistakes in the text. (they are not grammar mistakes! you have to find 8 things that are false about English pubs).  

Last week I went into my local pub. It is just around the corner from where I live. It is called the White Hart and has a sign outside with a bunch of flowers arranged in a heart shape. The landlord is a good friend of mine and over the years has earned a large amount of money from me. I sat at my usual table and he came over me to ask what I wanted to drink. I asked for a half litre of beer as it was a very warm day and Fred, that is his name, brought it to me. As it was not very busy I went to a shelf where the daily paper is kept and selected the local town evening newspaper. There was not very much new in it and I had soon read it. After I had finished my first drink two friends came into the pub so I ordered a bottle of white wine for the three of us and we began to play bridge. Two hours later I was quite merry and had lost some money so I asked for the bill, paid and walked home. 


  • Do you like pubs? 
  • What are the differences between Spanish and English pubs? 
  • Why are they so typical in England? What can you do there? 

For students , teachers and English lovers

                                          * A beautiful pub in Brighton (England) . I went there last summer.  

1 comentario:

  1. I've been to pubs in England and I really like them. You can drink beer and chat with your friends. It is so typical to finsh work and hang out with your friends there..

    ResponderEliminar