sábado, 7 de noviembre de 2015

SPEAKING ACTIVITY WITH DUTCH STUDENTS


Last week, I organised a speaking activity with some students from Holland and my dear students here in Valencia. The Ducth students were in Valencia because they had come to study Spanish in ROUTE 66, a language academy located in the city centre of Valencia. Rene, the coordinator of these programs contacted me and we organised and planned the activity. ROUTE 66 IDIOMAS


1) Introductions 
We gathered together in our conference room at the school. I talked to the students a little bit about our school, our studies and about the importance of the English language for our students. Then, one of the teachers of the foreign group told us about their country and culture. Some interesting things were: They were from Eindhoven although Amsterdam is the most popular city in Holland, they have a monarchy they are quite proud of, their famous cookies are called "stroopwafel" (we tried them later), Phillips has its origins there...etc. 


                                                     

                                               


2) Speaking activity 
My students and the Dutch students sat down in groups all together and they were given a card with lots of questions to get to know each other. They talked in Spanish and English for a while about their hobbies, their cities, festivals, food...etc. It was interesting to see how my students struggled to communicate and used structures and vocabulary we had been studying. 

3) GAME
Finally , we played a game! The groups were given two ingredients: "nubes" (sweets) and spaghetti. With these two ingredients, they had to build the tallest tower. They had half an hour to do it, and the winner got a present, a delicious present: chocolates! 


My students had a great time! Some of them exchanged telephone numbers, emails or facebook accounts which is great since they will be using English to communicate outside class. They really enjoyed the activity and I hope we can do it again soon. 






1 comentario:

  1. Blanca Mas26/11/15, 18:37

    Great day! I loved it! Would it repeat. I made 2 good friends which I talk every day.

    ResponderEliminar