jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012

Pronunciation

En inglés, hay muchas palabras que se pronuncian igual , se escriben de manera distinta y tienen significado distinto (homófonas). Fijaros en esto, ¿qué palabra es la correcta? 

This book is not very good. I'm bored / board 
Jim had an accident because the brake / break failed 
My dog is very intelligent. When I say "here!"/ "hear!" he comes 
My sister ate the whole / hole cake herself 
I will meat / meet my boyfriend in Madrid next week
The wind blue / blew so hard that I was scared
The football World Cup was a fair / fare one and Spain won! 
War and Peace / Piece  

Hay muchas palabras así en inglés. Se pronuncian igual pero son diferentes. ¿Cómo sabemos cuál es cuál al hablar? Por el contexto. ¿Se te ocurren más ejemplos? ¡¡Hay muchos más!! 

3 comentarios:

  1. Perhaps in your last sentence you wrote "peace" instead of "peas".

    Let's try this one:
    My son/sun is a son/sun.
    -------------------
    Be water,
    Be fire,
    Be wind or
    be earth.
    But the best
    you can do
    is to
    Be lenrl,
    my friend.


    :P

    Ximo.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Ximo, thank you for your comment. I meant "piece" instead of peace!

      Thank you for the poem. You made me laugh so much!!

      lots of love

      Belenrrrllll

      Eliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar